Friday, June 6, 2008

Time in Colorado


Since Toby is in Korea my parents invited me to visit them in CO. I was a bit scared to go because I would be traveling with Elyse by myself. I didn't know how I was going to cart all my stuff to the airport and then I didn't know how Elyse would be on the plane. God was gracious and provided a friend to drive me to the airport and pick me up (Thanks Michelle!). This helped a lot and eased my anxiety. Then, to my surprise, Elyse did great on the plane.

While I was in CO I got to see friends and family. It was wonderful to see everyone. It also provided a great distraction from thinking about Toby being gone. Elyse enjoyed herself as well. She adjusted to the time difference and her new surroundings. She became a bit shy around some people, but handled the constant influx of people well. Elyse also developed some new skills while we were away. She can now wave, play "so big," and crawl up steps. She tried out her new skills often. She even tried to get the birds in the backyard to play "so big" and wave. One memorable moment was when Elyse actually started crawling after the birds. It was so cute.

We are now back in Texas and getting back to our routines. Here are some more pictures from our trip:

3 comments:

Grandma Schmidt said...

We had a wonderful time with you. Our crib and breakfast is always available.

Aunt Pat said...

It was great seeing you and Elyse! Glad it helped pass the time. We wish Toby safe trip home, soon.

Grandma Schmidt said...

aunt pat told me how to sign in easier.
What a wonderful time we had together. Can't wait for the 3 of you to be back tgether