Thursday, August 14, 2008

Caught in the Rain

The other day Elyse and I went shopping. Right as we were about to leave the store it began to pour outside and I, of course, left the umbrella in the car. There were two options: wait it out or make a run for it. For those who live in Texas you know that the rain could stop after a minute or go on for a long time. I decided that this was going to be a long storm and didn't want to wait it out. So I grabbed Elyse in one hand and the folded up stroller in the other and went out into the rain.

I got to the car and couldn't open the door. Finally it opened and Elyse and I sat in the back and we both began to laugh. We were soaked! This is the first time Elyse and I laughed together at something (where I wasn't tickling her). She was looking at herself in the mirror and was laughing. I buckled her up and got myself into the front seat and...it stopped raining. Ahhh! Oh, well, the rain allowed a great memory. This picture is of Elyse after we got home.

4 comments:

Grandma Schmidt said...

It is just wonderful watching Elyse become her own person with a sense of humor. It helps to have a mom who runs in the rain.

Aunt Pat said...

She will love running in the rain now!!

Lisel said...

I love that you two laughed together! How fun!
She'll be ready to get into those cute rain boots soon!

Anonymous said...

I think I just laughed out loud..thanks for sharing :)