Friday, July 15, 2011

First Day at JCCK

I have about a billion things to blog about from the past month (not to mention by brother's trip her back in May), but before I do that I wanted to add this post. Today was Elyse's first day at her new school: Jurong Christian Church Kindergarten.

School starts at 8:30, so we didn't have much time to get ready in the morning before catching the bus. Here Elyse is running by me while I tried to get some first day of school pictures.
I got Auntie Mary to watch Anastsaia while I took Elyse to the bus. She will be taking a school bus that will come right to our condo when she gets used to the procedures at school.
We arrived a bit early at school so we hung out until they opened the gates. Elyse was ok at first, but then I think nerves got to her. She began to cry :( We said a prayer and then I passed her on to her teacher (Teacher Sarah) and then I left.
When I picked her up she was all smiles (yippee!) Elyse said she sang songs and had macaroni and hot dogs for snack. She then asked to go to Subway for lunch and I said yes since it was her first day. Toby happened to be going there for lunch to so we got to hang out as a whole family for a bit- what a treat.
Doesn't she look "old" with her uniform, backpack and bus pass?
The first day is over and I hope the rest of the days goes smoothly.

No comments: