Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The First Day of Kindergarten

On the first day of school we were all up early and ready to go. Toby decided to go into work late so he could see Elyse off for her first day of Kindergarten. I am so glad he was there to drive since I was nervous about getting to school on time and then navigating the parking lot.

I love this picture:
Here we go...
Elyse looks sad in this picture, but she's not. I'm not sure what's going on. Anyway...


We got to school early and brought Elyse to the gym where we waiting for her teacher to bring her to class.
 Elyse and Mrs. Young off to class.
We helped Elyse figure out where to put her lunch and her back pack and then she found her desk.
Elyse's class. There are only 14 kids in her class right now. This small class size is one reason I wanted to send her to Cypress Christian.
After the kids were settled we said all the pledges and prayed for our kids. The kids started the day and the parents were invited to a "boo-boo" blueberry muffin party to meet other kindergarten parents and cry if need be. ;)

After school I picked up Elyse and asked how school was. She said she had a good day and loves school. We celebrated the first day of school with ice cream sundaes. When I put chocolate sauce on her ice cream Elyse said something to the effect of "Oh, I think I've seen this before..." poor deprived child seeing chocolate sauce for the first time at home at the age of 5 ;)


Since the first day, Elyse continues to like school. She is very tired at night, but I think it's getting a little better.

Here are a few pictures I took yesterday after being in school for a week. (I think the plaid skirt is so cute.)



2 comments:

Aunt Pat said...

so wonderful that she is enjoying school, will make new friends, and mom can relax a little.

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

So cute... and is it possible our kids are growing up so fast... I want to lock them in a box and keep them small... :-)