Sunday, October 25, 2009

Carving the Pumpkin

Today we decided to carve our pumpkin. (I hope it lasts until Saturday, if not that's ok) Elyse really wasn't that into the whole process since it meant getting her hands messy, but she did help a bit. I would get the seeds out and then she would get them off my hand into the bowl. She also scraped the inside of the pumpkin a bit with a spoon. When it came to the design of the jack-o-lantern, it was all Elyse. She told me the shape of each part of the face. She also said she wanted crazy eyes and two teeth in the pumpkin's "happy face." After all the carving I roasted the seeds and everyone enjoyed those.





4 comments:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

So cute... we did ours tonight as well... but saving the seeds for this friday's party... can't wait... I just love halloween... see you soon.

Grandma Schmidt said...

She is so big. i remember when she was just the size of a pumpkin

Aunt Pat said...

Very cute how she doesn't like to get her hands messy.

Melanie said...

SHe looks adorable next to it!