Monday, May 10, 2010

Getting Girlie

I thought it would be fun to paint Elyse's nails today. Since I don't paint my nails, we didn't have any nail polish is the house, so we made a morning of getting the nail polish.

We went to Starbucks and then went to the store. When we got to the nail polish section I asked Elyse what color she wanted. "Black!" was the response I got. I decided I wasn't going to paint my girl's nails for the first time black (if she wants to do that on her own, that's fine, but I wasn't going to do that today), so I asked for her second choice. Her answer this time was pink.

We got home and I painted her nails. I hope you can see it in this picture.

Then she wanted to paint my nails, so I let her paint one of my nails. Look at the attention to detail she is giving my nail. (perhaps she was being distracted by our maid cleaning the windows, or perhaps she liked the "blind" approach to nail painting).


It was a fun moment to share with my daughter. Soon there will be another daughter to share these girlie moments with...any day now :)

5 comments:

Aunt Pat said...

Very cute!!

Grandma Schmidt said...

What a sweety

Grandma Schmidt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lisel said...

what fun! Her technique is an interesting one! :)

Kristen and Eric said...

It sure is fun having a daughter. Elyse is a lucky girl to have such a great mom like you!