Friday, October 29, 2010

Newbie

The last few days I have felt like I did when I was new to Singapore. Taking time to explore and try new things. After being here for 2 years I guess I was in a rut, but that has changed. Yesterday I walked around our neighborhood and rediscovered playgrounds, dessert shops, gardens, and stores. (I was looking for a video rental places, but couldn't find it, but had a great walk anyway). I even had a drink in a bag for the first time! (not my picture)

Then today I went on a MOPS outing to a new area. This is the first time I took the MRT with both kids to a place over three stops away. The outing was at the Urban Redevelopment Authority. In the gallery area they had huge 3D maps of Singapore. There was another hands-on section, but unfortunately it was closed, so we hung around the maps for a while.

This map was of the Marina Bay area. Elyse had fun finding the Singapore Flyer and other landmarks.



This map had the entire island of Singapore and all of the condos on it. Plus it had future development as well. We found our condo. It's right by the 2 little people on the map in the Jurong Lake District.

Sentosa and Harbour Front (where Elyse went to Gymboree):


Since the other part was closed we headed across the street to the hawker center and got some fresh juice (something else I haven't done in awhile) and chatted with our friends.

I would love to go back to see the rest of the gallery and spend more time looking at the maps. Hooray to new adventures!

2 comments:

Grandma Schmidt said...

Hooray for new adventures
keep a list for us when we come in February

Aunt Pat said...

Now I know what drink in a bag is...I think I'd rather have wine in a box!!