Monday, October 4, 2010

Our Girls are Rock Stars!

I was going to give a day by day account of our trip to China, but got overwhelmed by all the pictures that we took. Instead I wanted to share something we learned while in China: the Chinese love taking pictures of our girls and little kids love playing with Elyse. Here are a few pictures (in no particular order) to prove my point.

This little girl and Elyse met at the Forbidden City. You can kind of see that the girl has her butt cheek hanging out of her pants. Kids wear pants with a slit in the crotch so they can just squat and pee where ever. No need for diapers. This girl happened to pee sometime during this picture taking session.


People wanted their picture taken with Anastasia too. This meant that Toby or I got our picture taken depending on who was carrying her.


If you look at the bottom left of this picture, you can see all the people looking in one direction. They are all looking at Elyse. This is in the Forbidden City in front of one of the opening gates.

If we stood still for a moment this is usually what happened:

Cute girl with Elyse at the Temple of Heaven:

These girls were playing a game of copycat with Elyse. E would do something and they would copy it, then they would do something and she would copy them.


Again at the Forbidden City. E is trying to do the peace sign for the camera. This seems to be the way the Chinese take pictures. PEACE!


Elyse was a good sport about it all. We would ask her if she was ok and if she wanted her picture taken. Most of the time she would say yes. Some people tried to pick her up and we put a stop to that pretty quickly. Elyse and Anastasia were rock stars in China. I'm glad that we don't have people following us around daily. I know my girls are cute ;), but it gets pretty old pretty fast.

Anyway, I will give a blow by blow of our trip soon. Here is one preview picture of us at the Summer Palace:

5 comments:

Grandma Schmidt said...

Amazing

Melanie said...

Makes me want to go back!! I found it amazing how taken people were with Juliana too, but she loved the attention!

Aunt Pat said...

Yes, your girls are beautiful! Great pictures to cherish forever.

Kristen and Eric said...

That happened to me and my sister and brother when we were kids. When we were at Disney Land there were a lot of Japanese tourists who were very interested in our blonde and red hair.

Just imaging if Cate and Ashton had been there with your girls.

I love seeing the pictures of you all in China. I am so excited that you all got to take such a wonderful trip. I hope to see more pictures!

Jennifer said...

Wow! We've experienced just a little of that, but I'm sure with Elyse's blonde hair they really wanted to take her picture. You handled it well!