Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Army Museum

Today I took Elyse and Anastasia to the Singapore Army Museum . A couple of our friends have gone and I thought we ought to try it, plus it is literally right down the road from us.

When we got there we bought our tickets and then I opened the door to the museum. That's as far as we got. Elyse saw something on the other side that scared her. The lights were low and I didn't even get a good look at what was on the other side because I shut the door and that was that.

Camille had mentioned that there were army vehicles outside to see so I thought maybe Elyse would like that, so we headed outside and saw the vehicles. There was also a recreation of an obstacle course cadets train on. Elyse and Anastasia played on that for quite awhile.








After the obsitcal course we took a van ride into the neighboring army training institute. Elyse kept saying "when are we going to see armies?" meaning soldiers, and I thought we might see some soldiers training, but I was wrong. We got to see buildings. "This is the library." "This is the mess hall." I think it was the most boring tour ever, but when I asked Elyse what her favorite part of the Army Museum was she said riding in the van. Go figure.

Although I didn't get to see the museum, I did get to spend some time with my girls at a new place in Singapore. Morning well spent.

1 comment:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

So glad you went sorry that it was scary for the girls... there is a movie room that Pierce will not even go into as well bc it has shooting tanks and stuff... very loud and dark. Great pics..