Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas Traditions

I like traditions and getting a real Christmas tree is an important tradition to me. I am so glad Singapore ships trees from the States for us to buy.
 
When we go to look for our tree and decorate it I also like the family to be dressed in red or green- I just think it's fun the everyone goes along with it. Here are the girls enjoying a snack on the way to the nursery.



We wandered up and down the aisles and settled on a tree:



On the way home we listened to Christmas music and sang "O Christmas Tree" in our traditional way- only singing the first part and humming the rest because we don't know the words :) Check out last year's rendition.

Once home we unwrapped our tree and set out our tree decorating treats: cookies and egg nog (another tradition). I am so glad I was able to find egg nog again this year- thanks to my FB friends.
Anastasia's first taste of egg nog- I think she liked it.
When it came to decorating the tree, Anastasia was a little confused. "You want me to stop eating and put this where? Here. You do it."
In the end, Anastasia spent most of her time running around and eating:

 Elyse had so much fun this year decorating the tree. She kept asking for more ornaments. She was also being her great goofy self in the process. I think the sugar from the cookies added to the goofiness.


At the end we placed the star on the top and then got ready for family pictures.



More goofiness
In the end here is our tree (next to our fire).
Yippee for family traditions at Christmas time!

1 comment:

Aunt Pat said...

That's a great tradition! Funny to see you all dressed in summer clothes getting a Christmas tree.