Monday, April 23, 2012

Queenstown

We decided to spend 2 nights in Queenstown. Queenstown was a cute small town with beautiful views.

Here the girls are all buddled up to enjoy the view from our balcony.
Hanging out in the closet.
Time for a puzzle:



On our full day in Queenstown we decided to go up the mountain on the gondola and then ride on the luge. Anastasia was a bit apprehensive about the gondola, but we made it up to the top without incident.

Sheep everywhere

Elyse had been talking about the luge since we arrived in Queenstown and was so excited to go down it until we actually got to it. As we were walking down to the chairlift she decided she was scared and didn't want to go on it. I was totally confused especially since she had done the luge a few time in Singapore. We tried to sway her, but she did not change her mind. As a result Anastasia got to go on it twice. Although she doesn't look happy in these pictures, she really did have fun and kept calling the luge a slide. I think she would have done it over and over again.



Elyse waiting
"hat"
 I wish someone told me my helmet was on crooked.

I wanted to get a picture of the girls and said "act like you like each other" and this is what I got:
This is the view from the top of the mountain. A beautiful view of Queenstown, Lake Wakatipu, and The Remarkables (the mountain range).
After the gondola we headed into town to catch a ride on the vintage steamship TSS Earnslaw.
We had beautiful views as we crossed the lake.



I love these pictures of Anastasia:





Our day ended at a great restaurant and a trip to the playground :)

We woke up to this:

and were on our way to Te Anau a couple hours away.

1 comment:

And We Sailed On said...

This is so beautiful and I want to ride on that 'slide' so badly! Tell your daughter next time I'll take her spot! :) It looks like a magical getaway. have fun!
E