Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hot, Hot, Hot

This morning I thought it would be a good idea to go to a local park about 10 minutes walk away. It is along a path that circles Jurong Lake (the lake our apartment overlooks). It had just rained, so I thought it would be cool as we walked and the only problem would be water on some of the playground equipment. It was true that we only ran into one problem and it wasn't the water, it was the heat. It was so hot! We got to the park and Elyse went to climb on some things but they were too hot. Then, just walking around I began to sweat buckets and Elyse didn't look like she was having fun so I decided it was time to go home.

On the way back I was thinking how nice it would be to jump in the pool and decided that's what we would do. Unfortunately as we approached the gate to our complex I heard a loud noise a big foggy cloud approaching; it was fumigation day. This forced us to go to the front gate (me totally sweating and Elyse getting a bit red faced) and canceled our pool plans. Instead we stayed in and Elyse got a nice bath. Oh well, perhaps we can go to the pool this afternoon.

Part of the playground.


Elyse's new place to hang out.

1 comment:

Aunt Pat said...

I can't get over how big she looks! Hope you can make the pool soon.