Wednesday, August 4, 2010

2 Months

Today I went with Anastasia for her 2 month check up. We got there a little late because taxi issues (I got into someone else's taxi, had to turn around, and then missed the taxi I called- which I think was in the wrong spot... anyway...) so I was feeding Anastasia until the the doctor was done with another person who took our spot. I was burping Anastasia when the dr came out and looked at me and said "What are you doing?" and then realized I was burping my baby- not beating her. Apparently he thought I was burping her too vigorously. I felt kind of insulted. Then I continued to feed Anastasia while he answered my questions.

I told him I wanted to have A vaccinated on the US schedule which does a few vaccinations at the 2 month check up (requiring 2 jabs) instead of doing it the Singaporean way which would do one jab at 2 months and then another at 3 months. The doctor was not thrilled with this. He thought 2 jabs in one day would be horrible. I was thinking why have pain once a month when you can have it every other month?

After awhile he saw it my way (about the pain) and gave A the US's scheduled vaccinations. ( He would have done it even if he didn't see my point, just because that's the way I wanted to do it)As he was doing the shots, I came to realize why he didn't want to do 2 jabs- he was slow. He gave A a shot, then had to prepare the next one which took awhile. This way there was a jab- crying and then another jab and more crying. In the States, the nurses gave the shots so quick, it was over fast with only one crying spell.

With all that said- I think I am in a babbling mood- This Dr. is good and I like him. He is straight forward and takes the time to listen and answer all questions- just not good at giving shots.

Anastasia is doing well. She now weights 5.39 KG/ 11 lbs 14 oz (with her diaper on) 75%, She is 55.5 cm/22 in long 50%, and her head is 40 cm 90%. These are the Singaporean percentiles, so just keep that in mind.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

love that picture! What a morning you had!! It would have been a lot easier if he'd prepared both shots and then gave them. But I guess he's not used to doing more than one, huh? ;-)

Grandma Schmidt said...

What an ordeal
But look at the great growth! Good job jenn

Aunt Pat said...

It's always hard to have your baby get shots...ugh...thrilled she is doing so well. She looks beautiful!

Melanie said...

What a great picture! She's precious :-)