Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Youth Olympic Games

The first Youth Olympic Games is being held in Singapore, starting tomorrow. For the past few days the Olympic Flame has been making it's way around the island. Today it passed right by our condo. Anastasia and I went down to the street to see it pass.

These are the people who were there to pump up the crowd before the torch bearer passed. They did a good job. I was getting excited!

Here are some local school kids who got to miss class to see the flame race by.

Here it comes!


The hand off to the next torch bearer. (I really don't know where he came from. He just appeared.)


And off he goes.


It was fun to see. I actually could have seen it again, but I thought of it too late (I walked around a little in another direction) and when I walked down the street where the flame was going to be, I had just missed it.