Saturday, May 21, 2011

Thank God

My morning was a series of ups and down today, but in each down, God provided an up.

My plan today was to go to a nearby playground with SWINGS (a rarity in Singapore). I was even going to face facts that A is down to one nap so I hurried everyone up to get out of the house before it started to rain. Elyse wasn't really wanting to go, but she got ready anyway. Then as we were about to leave big dark clouds appeared and I decided it wasn't worth the risk. Elyse cried.

Thank God we have skype.

I looked at the clock and realized Elyse's cousins would still be up so we gave them a call. Elyse cheered up when she saw Uncle Eric, Aunt Kristen, Cate and Ashton. I can't wait until Cate and Elyse can be together in person. They already have so much fun on skype. After this call I saw Jan and Jack were on so I called them up and they might be coming for Anastasia's birthday!

Thank God for relatives so close.

After our skype session. Anastasia had her nap and Elyse and I got to have some fun time together. When A got up I decided I needed to get out of the house. Toby had left the car so it didn't matter if it was raining. I convince E that going out to lunch was a good idea and we packed up and headed for the car.

Thank God for the car.

Unfortunately the car would not start. So I called the rent a car company and they said they would send someone over later in the day. So now I have a girl I had convinced going out was a good idea although she really didn't think so and a car that wouldn't start.

Thank God for umbrellas and the train.

I saw that it wasn't raining to hard so we started out toward the train. As we were halfway there I got a call from the car place and they were basically on their way. Although I was happy that they responded so quickly, I had to explain to Elyse that we couldn't go out to eat.

Thank God for McDonald's Delivery.

So we headed back home and Elyse decided she didn't want her umbrella. So she walked in the rain and splashed in puddles :) I think this was the highlight of the morning. At the end of the morning we had a fixed car, full bellies and I have some time to blog.

Thank God for nap time :)

1 comment:

Aunt Pat said...

Thank God for a good mommy, and patient daughters.