Sunday, January 1, 2012

Adventures with Our Guests

Despite traveling for a day and arriving early in the morning, Claire and Jeff were ready to explore Singapore. (I think I would have been ready to sleep) We decided to take them to the Singapore Flyer to get an overview of the city. After the Flyer we walked down by the floating platform and to the Esplanade. I wanted to take them to a hawker centre there, but it was closed so we settled on some gold ole western food. I didn't get any pictures, but Claire blogged about it here.

After we got back it was time for naps and some fingernail painting:

Jeff and Claire left the next day but came back with Jack and Jan for Christmas. On one of the days we headed out to Chinatown and then another day we went to the Botanic Gardens. We had a great time wandering around and seeing the beautiful flowers.

I challenged ELyse to find the orchid that she would like to have named after her (becasue they do have famous orchids like- the Laura Bush and the Nelson Mandela). She chose a purple one (some how I didn't get a picture). This is the one I would call the Jennifer Marie:


This one is the Claire Louisa:
Here are some other pictures for our time among the flowers:







 Elyse took this picture:
 Anastasia liked pulling the hood of the stroller down:


After the Orchid Garden we parted ways. Toby and Jack took the girls home while the rest of us continued to Little India. We had some great food and then wandered around.

At the restraunt I ask for the bathrrom and they pointed me toward the kitchen. I had to walk though the kitchen to the bathroom. As I waited to use it, I took some pictures of the alleyway outside:


 I think this is someone's house. Notice the man in the top right window.
That night Claire and Jeff headed back to CO, but Jack and Jan were able to stay another day. We took them to the Logos Hope docked at VivoCity and then hung out before heading back home.







We love visitors and are always sad to see them go. I am so thankful for email and skype so we can keep in touch with our family all over the world.

2 comments:

Aunt Pat said...

I love the pic with Elyse painting Clares' nails!

Aunt Pat said...

Great ics! Happy New year