Friday, April 18, 2008

And The Cheese Stands Alone

The title of this entry is an ode to "Farmer in the Dell." The song has been running through my head for the past couple days. I don't know all the words, but I know there is a cheese reference at the end of the song. Anyway...

Today Elyse stood on her own for a second or so. It was pretty amazing. She was holding on to my fingers and then just decided to let go. When she was done, she sat down with a plop, but it was a graceful plop.

I am sure she isn't going to start walking anytime soon, but it is fun to see glimpses of it. To prime herself for walking, Elyse has been working on her leg muscles by doing squats. She likes to squat down and try and pick something up and then stand up. She doesn't need much help up from me. She just holds on with one hand for balance. With this sort of training she is going to make one heck of a soccer player (after she masters walking of course).

1 comment:

A said...

Get em' started early, that's what I say...