Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Miss Independent

Elyse has already started asserting her independence. Over the weekend she kept pushing Toby and me away when we tried to put her down for a nap as if to say "I can do it by myself." As a result, for the past couple days she is putting herself down for naps. She is doing a pretty good job with it too. I was a little scared that she would forget she wanted to be independent and cry for an hour, but she hasn't done that. She cries for a few minutes and then is out. (I hope this continues.) I am sure she will be declaring her independence on something else in the near future.

To continue with the theme of the blog, I have included a video of her feeding herself- independently :)

2 comments:

Grandma Schmidt said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Grandma Schmidt said...

Enjoy her independence now and 14 years from now!