Thursday, October 9, 2008

MRT

Today I rode the MRT for the first time. Some people met me at the station and helped me get to where we were going. I am glad they met me because once off the train I don't think I could have found the restaurant very easily. On the way back I was by myself and made it just fine.
{If you enlarge the map you can see where I started on the Red Line, Orchard, and where I ended up on the Purple Line, Harbour Front.} It confirmed the fact that I can get around the city without a car, it may take a bit longer, but I won't be stuck at the apartment.


These next pictures are just some I took while getting ready for our trip. The last one is after we landed.




2 comments:

Kristen and Eric said...

happy to hear that your first experience with pubic transportation was a success!

Grandma Schmidt said...

You are now a real city women. I have gotten lazy since leaving NY.
I'll have to brush up for our visit in February.