Tuesday, October 14, 2008

To The Park We Go


Today Elyse and I did a bit of exploring. I saw that there was a park a couple MRT stations away and thought we should check it out. I'm glad we went, but it wasn't what I wanted to find. It was a green tropical area with a walking path through it. It also had a fountain/reflecting pool and a restaurant. I was hoping for grass and a playground. I will have to keep looking, although I have a feeling that the parks on the map are going to be similar to what we saw today.

Elyse liked playing with the rocks and the water. I let her play with them for a little bit, but I had a feeling that it would be "frowned upon" if anyone were to see it. On the way back we stopped at a restaurant that served local food. After a little while Elyse decided she liked the chicken dumplings and also had some of my chicken from my ramen. As always she got a lot of attention and a waitress even gave her a little toy to play with.

2 comments:

Aunt Pat said...

She is getting so big! Glad you are out exploring! Can't wait to see you in your new apartment.

Grandma Schmidt said...

You are very brave venturing out and eating the local food. By the time we come you will have your favorites.