Thursday, December 18, 2008

This is Fun?

So after seeing all these happy kids making cookies on other people's blogs, I decided it was Elyse's turn to have fun with cookie dough. I had finally gotten a mixer and gathered all the ingredients so we were set. I striped Elyse down so she wouldn't get her clothes dirty as she helped out.

All was going well until I pulled out the mixer. She saw it and started crying. I hadn't even started it yet. When I turned it on, the tears really began to flow. I guess it reminded her of the hairdryer which she is so afraid of.

I kept the mixer on until the butter and eggs were mixed in and then I decided to hand mix the rest. Elyse sort of liked helping with that. When the dough was done I put some in front of her and she did her "all done" sign and looked at me as if to say "you want me to touch this goo?" I did give her a spatula and she liked that for awhile. Needless to say this was not the experience I was hoping for. Oh well, at least the cookies turned out ok.


3 comments:

Grandma Schmidt said...

i bet the story gets better with age
cooking in the nude.is this going to be a new tradition?

Kristen and Eric said...

looks like you had fun

Aunt Pat said...

She did not inherit the "cooking gene"...neither did I, and that's ok. She can have some fun pictures to look back on when she's your age, making cookies for Christmas!