Friday, March 13, 2009

MOPS Outing


This morning I went to the Botanical Gardens with the MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group I joined. It was fun and I felt like I got to know some more moms since it was in a different setting than we are normally in. There were maybe ten moms in the group this morning. We walked from the visitor center to swan lake. It was definitely a toddler walk. We stopped and noticed a spider making a web and then we stopped to admire the fish, turtles, and waterfalls.
When we got to the lake the swans swam very close to our group. I think they heard we had food. A couple kids were nice enough to share the swan food (fish food and bread) with Elyse. Elyse thought the bread was for her so she would take a bite and then throw some to the swans, take a bite, feed the swans, etc. I wanted to get a picture of Elyse feeding the swans, but the place we were didn't have a fence to hold her back. Needless to say I couldn't take a picture, hold her, and give her bread (plus the other moms were busy holding their little ones back so couldn't ask them to take a picture). I wasn't going to go this morning (I wasn't feeling very social), but talked myself into it. I am glad I went.

3 comments:

Aunt Pat said...

Very nice for both of you to be among different people of your own age group!! Glad you had fun.

Kristen and Eric said...

looks like a beautiful park!

Grandma Schmidt said...

i bet it was nice to have a group of ten adults.
It's cute to see Elyse with a girl her size.