Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Today Elyse and I went to the Jacob Ballas Children's Garden with our friends Kristyna, Salma, and Zahra. They will be headed back to the UK at the end of the month which is so sad. There is a small chance that they will stay in Singapore a little longer, but we had to say goodbye today just incase we won't see them again since we are leaving for the US.
A picture from one of our first outings together. Elyse is about 15 months and Salma is about 14 months.
We have known Kristyna, Salma and Zahra since moving to our condos. We have a routine of Starbucks and grocery shopping on Mondays. I will miss that. Elyse loves Salma and calls out her name and runs to give her hugs. I would consider Salma Elyse's first friend. I know that being an expat and making friends with expats leads to a lot of goodbyes, but this is my first one- it sucks. But enough about that, we had a great time at the Garden and here are some pictures from our day.

Check this out:

Elyse followed Salma onto the sand and continued to walk across without any prompting from me. I am so proud.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

OK, Elyse looks so cute walking across the sand!!! And I can't believe Kristyna might be leaving :-( just when I was getting to know her. Well, have fun in the US & Mexico. You will be missed and we'll see you in a month!

Aunt Pat said...

Great pictures. See you soon.

Grandma Schmidt said...

Brave girl
14 years from now where will she follow her friends?-good places because she will have good friends
Other times she will lead her friends to good places!

PS The sand box is ready in the back yard