Friday, June 19, 2009

We're Not In Singapore Anymore

After 26 hours of traveling we arrived in Colorado. The trip wasn't as bad as the trip going out to Singapore. I think the biggest difference was that we were traveling with Toby's parents. They helped carry things and entertain Elyse. On one of the legs they took Elyse for 3+ hours and helped her fall asleep. It helped us so much.


We arrived a little after 2pm so the plan was to stay awake as long as we could and try and sleep through the night. Elyse did so well. She looked like she had just a normal day. When we got to my parent's house she had so many things to play with and explore I think she just forgot she was sleep deprived. We put her down at her normal bedtime and she slept 14 straight hours. It was amazing. I kept waking up every couple of hours but was able to fall back asleep. Toby wasn't so lucky. He woke up around 1 am and couldn't go back to sleep.


Our first full day was beautiful. I sat outside and wasn't covered in sweat. It was wonderful. Today we just hung out, got to see my Aunt and ran a few errands. I drove for the first time in almost nine months. I did pretty well (overall). We got to eat good cheese, good steak, good corn, tons of raspberries, and went to Sonic.


This evening was capped off by an elk sighting in my parent's front yard. We were about 10 feet away from the beast (it was huge!) which was eating our neighbor's tree and broke my parent's decorative bridge. It was pretty crazy. I guess they came to say we weren't in Singapore anymore.

2 comments:

Aunt Pat said...

So glad to have you here for a while.

Grandma Schmidt said...

The elk looked bigger in person