Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas Cookies

A few days ago I decided to make Christmas cookies with Elyse. This is the first time I have made cookie dough that you roll and cut shapes out of (as an adult). It did not start out well. I followed a basic sugar cookie recipe, but the dough wasn't sticking together, so I added more butter and another egg. Eventually it stuck together and we were to roll it out. The dough tasted ok, but the cookies were not very good (to me- Elyse still ate them). We both had fun in the process, so it's ok I didn't like the cookies.

Here Elyse is helping me cut out shapes. I like how she posed for the camera.


Here Elyse is "cleaning the table" with flour. Thanks Elyse.

Elyse explained to me the boy and girl cookie cutter were tickling each other:

The end product and one happy girl:

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Well, they certainly look yummy!! Good idea :-)

Grandma Schmidt said...

I looked at last years Dec 19 blog - quite a difference. At this rate you will both be pastry chefs by Easter

Aunt Pat said...

Very cute!!

Lisel said...

looks like one little happy cookie monster :)

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

So cute and her hair is adorable.