Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Gatherings

We are so lucky to have such great friends here in Singapore and it was wonderful to be able to celebrate Christmas with some of them. Jennifer was nice enough to let me invite people over to her house :) Toby and I were in charge of the turkey and then everyone else brought a side dish or dessert. We had a full spread from cream corn and mashed potatoes to green beans and salad. I made Trojan Triangles for an appetizer (feta cheese and cottage cheese wrapped in filo dough). For dessert we had 2 kinds of cake, peanut brittle, chocolates, and pumpkin bread. Yum!

Here are the adults plus Miriam as the other kids ignored most of their food to run around and play. It is fun to think how I met each family. I met Chris randomly at an MRT station, i met Melanie through her blog, and then I met Jennifer through a mutual friend. I also learned that Jennifer and I lived about 15 mintues away from each other in Texas. And then of course got to know each of their families.



Levi and Elyse get along so well together. Levi is always making Elyse laugh.

Here are most of the kids. Not the best pictures, but you get the idea.

I just really liked this picture of Elyse for some reason.

After a great meal and conversation, we headed home. It was a great way to spend Christmas.

A few days later we then got together with my bible study and their families for a Christmas celebration. It was a potluck lunch. I made lasagna and salad but there was chicken, fried rice, sushi, veggies dipped in chili sauce, and other great dishes.
I just had to share this picture of Elyse swimming since most of the people we know are all bundled up during the Christmas season. Quite a contrast :)

Elyse trying to play with the big kids.

For dessert we got "ice lollies" aka Popsicles.



Again, we had a great time. Although we miss our family back in the States, I am so happy that we could celebrate Jesus' birthday with our friends here in Singapore.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

We are so grateful to have been able to spend the holiday with some good friends! I am blessed to have met you and gotten you know you over this last (almost) year! And Juliana adores her friend Elyse. Can't wait to make some more memories!

Aunt Pat said...

Looks like a great time was had by all...so glad you are all friends and support for each other.