Saturday, December 19, 2009

Oh Christmas Tree...

We went and got our Christmas Tree today! Since Toby is out of town my friend Jennifer volunteered to help me out. We headed up to the nurseries on Upper Thompson Road and found only parallel parking spots. Since I didn't feel comfortable parking, Jennifer parked for us. What a great stand-in husband :)

After a little walking around we settled on a tree and took it home.


Once again Jennifer helped out by carrying up the tree. :)


We set up the tree and then Jennifer went back to her family. Thanks again. You are wonderful! Elyse and I got ready to decorate the tree by turning on some Christmas music and drinking some eggnog- Elyse actually liked it.


Elyse tried to help decorate the tree. She couldn't quite get the hook on the branch, but she did pick out the ornaments she wanted and figured out where to put them. She liked the glitter covered hearts the most. I think the biggest struggle we encountered was untangling the lights. Somehow they got all knotted up. As I sat on the floor untangling them, Elyse was kind enough to give me a back rub- what a great daughter I have!


Here is the final result:


I can't wait for Toby to get home so he can share it with us.

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Looking good!!! Nothing like some Christmas cheer!

Grandma Schmidt said...

Oh Christmas tree, oh Christmas tree how lovely are your branches dada da da...........

Aunt Pat said...

Great Job! Enjoy.

Lisel said...

Nice!!! You and Elyse can come here tonight for more decorating! :) and back rubs :)