Sunday, January 16, 2011

New Camera

For Christmas Toby got me a new camera ( Canon 550D) and my daughters got me photography lessons. Since getting the camera, I have had fun figuring out the different settings and trying out all the new things I learned in my lessons.

This is the action setting:

Profile picture:

Cool background blur effect:

Arty close up:

These next picture I took in the "Manual" mode which means I set the ISO, the aperture, and then spot metered it to get the shutter speed.


I have been practicing all the manual modes as well as playing around with the pre-set modes. I am also practicing how to hold my camera and hold my breath while taking pictures to get the best possible shot. My next lesson is an "outing" so my instructor can help me on the spot. I can't wait!
In the next few posts you with some more photos with my new camera as we took Noah and Emily around Singapore.

2 comments:

Aunt Pat said...

I think you are going a great job with your new camera!

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

Great job... don't you just love it and ray is such a nice man...