Monday, January 17, 2011

A Night on the Town

When Noah and Emily arrived back in Singapore (from Jakarta where they were visiting Jack and Jan), we took them out for a night on the town.

We first went to the New Asia Bar which is on the 71st floor of the Stamford Hotel. (Can you tell I like using my new camera?)


I had made reservations so when we got there they took us behind a roped off area and this was our view:
I think they were a little disappointed when we handed them back the menu with all the really expensive drinks and asked for the regular menu. Then they were a little over eager to get our orders and for us to close our tab which is very unSingaporean, but while we were there we enjoyed the view.


After our drinks and appetizers we walked outside to the Esplanade and the bay. We were still a little hungry so we went to the nearby hawker center. We ordered 3 different types of Singaporean fruit juices, crab fried rice, a friend noodle dish that I can't remember what it's called, and roti pratta -yum!


After "supper" which some Singaporeans call a late night snack, we walked along the Singapore River. As you can see in the next pictures I once again was getting a little arty with my camera :)



It was a great night. Toby and I have done a lot of things around Singapore, but tonight we tried out 2 new places. Singapore has so much to offer!
P.S. Toby's facial hair is now all gone, sorry to disappoint those who like the red neck/biker look.

2 comments:

Kristen and Eric said...

Great pictures!! Sounds like you had a great night. (don't forget to get your picture taken once in a while now that you have a new camera :) I love the artsy shots that you took. They are really good!

Aunt Pat said...

you are very good with the camera! And Singapore has so much to offer,I can't see you back in Tomball!