Sunday, August 7, 2011

Date Night at the ArtScience Museum

Toby and I had a date night last Saturday. We decided to go check out the relatively new ArtScience Museum by the Marina Bay Sands Hotel.

Before we headed to the museum we stopped by the camera shop and bought another lens for my camera. I bought a lens that complements my kit lens. This one lets me zoom in extra close. Here I am testing it out. Isn't he dreamy...


So after the lens shop we headed to the museum. They had a exhibit on Dali and Van Gogh. In the Van Gogh exhibit you couldn't take pictures but here are some from the Dali exhibit.

I never really knew what surrealism was. Here is the museum's description:
Basically it's nonsense turned into art.

Dali is one strange character, but we got a little bit of insight into his creations with this guide:
I'm not so sure why he was obsessed with the "hard outside, soft inside" concept, but it was everywhere and in very weird situations.

To enter the exhibit you went through this mist with a projection of Dali on it. It was a weird feeling walking through it. I guess it just set the stage for what we were about to see.

Here are just a few art pieces we saw:





At the end, the museum had all these clocks on a wall across from mirror that made them look like this:

I am glad we saw the exhibit and it confirmed that Dali was crazy.

3 comments:

Aunt Pat said...

Yes, Dali was different to say the least. The museum looks wonderful, however

Grandma Schmidt said...

I never paid attention to what surrealism is and Dali's symbols. It makes more sense now.I would not like to own own one -Monet for me- but interesting.

Grandma Schmidt said...

i never looked up surealism or Dali. It makes more sense now.