Thursday, August 25, 2011

Social Painting

Last night a group of us met up at Arteatiq to do some painting. When we arrived they had paint, brushes, a canvas and "inspirational" artwork for us to look at. The rest was up to us. I had never painted like this so I had a lot of questions, but in the end I think I did all right (for my first time).

We were set up right by the window, so we had a lot people stop and check out how we were doing. Here is Gillian and Camile sketching out their artwork.


Jennifer and Carrie getting started on their masterpieces:


Gillian's painting (she went to art school, can you tell?)

My finished work. I picked this kid in the rain because it reminded me of Elyse when she holds an umbrella.
Gillian and Camille didn't get done so they are going to go back to finish.

Me, Jennifer and Carrie with our finished work.

I had a great time. It's always fun to go out with friends and try something new.

3 comments:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

It was so much fun.... and all your paintings look so much better than mine... wow I was slow... lets do it again soon... maybe we can do something with clay next time? Also can you email me these photos... nice..

Aunt Pat said...

I love your artwork. Hope you keep it for a long time!

Aunt Pat said...

I love it!!