Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Back to the Zoo

Kiss anyone? Today Elyse and I met up with some friends and drove (yes, I drove! Toby's in China :( ) to the zoo. Although we have been there quite a bit since moving here, there is always something new to see and do. Today we got to feed the giraffes. Elyse fed the giraffe herself a couple of time, but after it grazed her fingers she was content to watch me. The giraffes have crazy long tongues! I had seen them from afar, but never this close up. Pretty neat.


We were also treated to the animal feeding in the fragile forest. Bats, lemurs, parrots, and other animals devoured the food put before them. We were so close to them. A lemur walked right next to me.
After the fragile forest we stopped to eat in a gazebo. Isn't this a beautiful view!?


Throughout the day Elyse and Sophie had so much fun together. They ran, clapped, and laughed their way through the zoo. What a fun day!


4 comments:

Melanie said...

Such cute pictures. Had fun, I see? Can't wait to see you guys again!

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

What great pics... love the tongue... can we go next time... ? Good job on driving...

Grandma Schmidt said...

our giraffe puppet will look tame now that Elyse has seen the real thing

Aunt Pat said...

Everytime I see pics of Elyse she looks like she's grown even more!! Looks like a great day.