Friday, September 25, 2009

I Think I've Seen it All

Today Elyse and I headed to the zoo. If you have been following this blog, or know me at all, you know that we have been to the zoo quite a few times. Well, today I think we got to the places we hadn't see before, so I think we have seen the whole zoo!

Today we spent a lot of time looking the primate section of the zoo. Elyse loved watching the monkeys chase each other around. We then had a snack in the garden pavilion (beautiful spot for a rest) and then headed to the reptile kingdom.

In the snake section Elyse unknowingly riled up a cobra which kept attacking the glass. Elyse thought it was funny, I was thankful for the glass. We then headed to the "big ones" as Elyse called the tortoises. Here are two pictures of her taken 6 months apart. She has turned into quite a little girl:


Of course we had to stop by the orangutans and we were lucky enough to witness this:


I hope you can hear the trainer in the background. If not he is asking the orangutan to point to its eyes and then be sad (maybe) and then to put its hand in the air. Finally the trainer makes his figures like a gun and says bang, causing the orangutan to fall over. As always, a fun day at the zoo.

6 comments:

Camille, Blake, Pierce and baby Asher said...

I am trying not to take it personal that we were not invited... I am glad to see Toby in one of the pics so maybe it was just family day but I hate that we missed it... next time PLEASE.

Leone Fabre said...

A friend here in Singapore (Jo Leydon) went today with her two little one's..... would have been nice for you both to have met.

always nice to read about your adventures with Elyse at the zoo!!

Melanie said...

Ditto on Camille's comment....where was the invite!? :-P Definitely want to go next time!! LOVE the two different pictures. Elyse grew so much!!!!

Jennifer said...

what fun with the orangutan! Glad you had a good time.

Aunt Pat said...

Very funny orangutang. Looks like a great zoo. We are hoping for Toby's return to be soon.

Grandma Schmidt said...

Well we'll see you in 4 months and have to take a tortoise picture.