Wednesday, September 30, 2009

My Birthday

To celebrate my birthday I organized a dinner with some of my friends along the Singapore River at a place called Brewerkz. I got there about an hour early just so I could walk around and be by myself (aka be without Elyse for a bit). As always there is something going on in Singapore. This evening there was a UOB (a bank) gathering with a band and then there was also a race of some sort around the Quay areas.

As I continued to walk around I wanted something to drink so I stopped at a river boat ticketing booth and got a soda. I continued on and then noticed the boat about to leave and I thought that hey, I haven't been on a river cruise, why not go tonight? So, that's what I did. It was fun just to be on the river and see the farmilar sights of Singapore.

Asian Civilization Museum in the background
Merlion. You can also see some of the lighting for the F1 race on the bridge. They were in the last stages of taking everything down.

The Espalande


The boat went right by the restaurant we were meeting at, so I decided to get off instead of continuing back to where I got on. When I got off I notice there was a Chinese Overseas beauty pageant going on. The contestants were getting ready to get on one of the boats.

Dinner was great. We had great food, great conversation and one of my friends even brought a birthday cake. I didn't get any pictures, but a friend of mine did and hope to get copies soon.
In addition to going out for my birthday, I got a lot of calls and emails from my friends and family back in the States. Thank you so much for thinking of me. It makes me feel closer to home when I hear your voices. Toby, who is still in China, sent me a video message so that was the best thing next to him being here. Thanks again everyone for helping me celebrate my birthday.

1 comment:

Aunt Pat said...

Sorry I missed you on your Birthday, hopefully you got my text message on Skype. Looks like you made the best of it, and I hope you celebrate again when Toby gets home.