Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Featherdale Wildlife Park

We decided to take a short trip out of the city and head to the Blue Mountains. We rented a car and headed off to Katoomba (the city we would be staying in). On the way we stopped at Featherdale Wildlife Park. This park wasn't that big, but it was worth stopping for. Animals were roaming around out of their pens so you could interact and feed them.

When first entering we were met by a little kangaroo (or a wallaby - I'm always mixing them up).

This bird reminded me of an old man. I can't remember the name of it- something like Frog face. Elyse seemed intrigued. (*I just found out the name: Frogmouth)




A Kookaburra: Whenever I say this name I start singing the kookaburra song. Cool bird, annoying song (once you have it stuck in your head.)



Although most of the time koalas are sleeping, this placed always had a koala that was awake that people could pet all day long. Very cool.




I got to pet the koala too.






After the koala we bought some food and fed the animals that were wandering around.




I felt like Anastasia wasn't getting enough "airtime" so in this picture you can see she was there too:)








Did you know there are penguins in Australia? Well there are! Isn't he cute?



Next stop- Katoomba!

1 comment:

Aunt Pat said...

Very cute. I don't know how you can top this vacation!