Monday, January 19, 2009

Botanical Gardens

Last week Elyse and I went to the Botanical Gardens. We had been there before, but this time we stayed in the children's garden. It was nice, but I don't know if it was worth the cab fare it took to get out there. Perhaps when Elyse is older she can enjoy more of the area to make the drive worth while. We did had fun sliding in the "tree house" and exploring the grounds. Elyse didn't like the sand around the bottom of the slide so I had to carry her off once we were at the bottom. I hope she get over this sand thing before we go tot beach.

The grounds are very pretty and enable kids to touch the plants. We went on a floating bridge which Elyse liked, but I think her favorite was the suspension bridge. She stayed on that for awhile.


2 comments:

Kristen and Eric said...

looks like a great park. Every time I see pictures on your blog I can't believe you are wearing shorts. Enjoy the warm weather for me!

Grandma Schmidt said...

The birds nest fern at the bottom of the tree looks happier than mine caged in the plant room.