Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Japanese Gardens

Today I walked around Jurong Lake with Elyse and ended up at the Japanese Gardens. It is such a tranquil and beautiful place. I went to an area I hadn't gone to before and really enjoyed it. Elyse was adventurous and wanted to go by the water's edge and so we sat on a rock that was in the water and watched the turtles pop their heads up as they swam about. We then headed over to a small waterfall that spilled into the pond. We walked across the rock bridges and watched the water flow. We sent leaves down the waterfall and watched them go into the pond. The trip was full of great mother daughter moments. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures, but here is an older one taken near the area we were in today.

2 comments:

Grandma Schmidt said...

You'll never forget those mother daughter moments.
I have quite a few of my own with my wonderful daughter.

thekeller4 said...

Just a random comment to let you know that I still love you and miss you and am a terrible friend but should be getting better any day now! :0) Hugs and kisses and long hours of chatting over Starbucks to you!!