Saturday, January 17, 2009

Getting Connected

After being here for over 3 months, we have found a church, Adams Road Presbyterian Centre (ARPC). It is Christ centered, has great bible teaching, friendly people, small groups, interest in the community in Singapore and abroad, a good children's program, and is about 15 minutes from our house.

Today we took our seats and happened to be by some very connected people in the church. I'm not sure if they are in leadership or just have been with the church for awhile. They struck up a conversation with us, prayed with us and introduced us to some people. I asked about a Ladies Bible Study and they introduced me to a leader. I will be trying out the group next week. As we were leaving Toby also met some fellow Americans from North Carolina.

God is great. He lead us to this church and picked out our seats today. I am thankful for God's leading and just hope that I can continue to follow His will for me.

3 comments:

Aunt Pat said...

I am so happy for you. I know this will make a big difference for you and Toby!

Kristen and Eric said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kristen and Eric said...

I am so happy for you guys! That must be so great for you guys to have somewhere where you feel comfortable.