Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Lists

Things I like about Singapore:
  1. We get to see Toby's parents more often.
  2. There are so many things within walking distance. Everything I need is within 5 minutes of my house. This includes food, non food grocery items, the doctor, dentist, a place to print pictures, and the post office. I could even buy clothes if I wanted to.
  3. You don't need a car to get around. The MRT is great and the bus system is supposed to be good too.
  4. Although it rains, you aren't stuck in your house for a season (because of the snow/cold for example).
  5. The weather is predictable. You know it's going to be hot and humid and there is always a chance of rain.
  6. There is a lot to see and do around the island. Plus countries nearby to visit.
  7. How clean it is.
  8. Although there are similarities to the culture of the US, it is fun learning about the cultural differences.
  9. We can afford a maid.
  10. There are playgrounds all over the place. Each HDB complex/condo has a playground and malls have play areas too, plus there are public playgrounds.
  11. The pool is just downstairs and it's huge!
  12. So many different types of food to try.
  13. Meeting people from all over the world.

Things I miss from home:
  1. Being closer to family and being able to call them in the middle of the day.
  2. My friends.
  3. My car. Although you can get a lot of places by MRT, you can't get everywhere and it can take a long time. For instance, a drive that takes 20 minutes can take about an hour by MRT.
  4. My routines.
  5. Being in a house and not having to share walls with our neighbors.
  6. Temperature changes. It would be nice to have it feel cool every once in awhile.
  7. Being able to send a package for about $6 instead of $20-$40+
  8. Having a yard. Yes, I can go down stairs and let Elyse run around the condo complex, but it's not the same as opening up your back door.
  9. Target.
  10. Being able to get Ranch dressing that tastes like Ranch dressing and being able to get other food items I miss.
  11. Having a church home where I was connected.
  12. Certain TV shows.

No comments: