Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Zoo

Friday Toby had the day off so we decided to go to the zoo. We have heard how great the zoo was and it didn't disappoint us. The paths are surrounded by trees and the animals are really close. At one point a kangaroo hopped within a couple of feet from us and an emu was almost on the path. In some areas there was a glass window so we could get up close and personal with animals like the lions, the baboons and the cheetah.

I really liked watching the baboons. They were crazy. About every few minutes one baboon would start chasing another around. Elyse had fun walking around and looking at all the animals. I'm not sure what her favorite was, but she seemed to be enjoying everything (except getting a picture taken with me.) We saw most of the animals, but there was a kids play area that we didn't get to. I think this will be a place we will have fun going back to over and over again.

5 comments:

Grandma Schmidt said...

Looks like a great time. i like the picture of your and Elyse.
You got a good picture of the elephants for Aunt Lisle

Lisel said...

Yes I do love the elephant picture and the girls in it!

Kristen and Eric said...

Great pictures of the zoo. I especially like that you labeled all of the animals for us. The weather looked really nice too. Could you send some of the heat our way.

John D. Pitt III said...

cool pics! Love the zoo myself. Good to hear about your Christmas, Jenn. Tell Toby I said hey.

Melanie said...

We loved the zoo too!! We're hoping to go to the Night Safari soon...